Payment disputes between different parties involved in construction works are not uncommon. Sometimes, the contractors get involved in indecent practices, whereas on the other, the workers refuse to adhere to the terms of the construction contract and ask for unreasonable payments.
To ensure timely payments and a speedy adjudication process, the government of Australia passed the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (NSW) in 1999. This act not only helped the claimants pursue a payment claim, but it also enabled the respondents to defend themselves in the court of law.
At CTI lawyers, we are aware of the ins and outs of this act and help our clients resolve the payment disputes conveniently. Since every state has a different statutory mechanism for payments, our lawyers create unique payment plans to handle your specific requirements. We can provide:
- Telephone assistance on various aspects of Security of Payment legislation – in particular understanding how the Act operates, the benefits and its pitfalls.
- Preparation of Payment Claims and/or Payment Schedules, Statutory Notices, Adjudication Applications and Adjudication Responses.
- Management of Adjudication process.
- Assistance in enforcing payment of an Adjudication Determination.
- Security of Payment training.
So whether you are an individual trying to secure your payment or a business that needs to streamline its payment process, you can confidently rely on us.