Work: +61 2 9021 9617
Mobile: 0409 106 767
In 2016, Lauren graduated at Western Sydney University for her double degree in law and business (human resources and industrial relations).
Lauren was admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales on 27 May 2016, however she has been working in the legal profession since early 2015.
Lauren commenced her legal career at NECA Legal as a Law Clerk. Upon being admitted, Lauren was promoted as a solicitor in our building and construction division.
Lauren was employed her for three years prior to moving to an award-winning boutique law firm to gain extensive experience in large construction matters. This experience extended to both front end (contract management and procurement) and backend (litigious and non-litigious claims) construction matters. Lauren was acting for developers, head contractors, subcontractors, owners corporations and individuals.
In July 2019, Lauren returned to NECA Legal to practice building and constructions law and employment law.
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Human Resources and Industrial Relations)
Building and Construction
- Contract Administration Advice – Providing advice to developers, head contractors, subcontractors and homeowners on matters relating to contract administration matters including but not limited to termination, suspension, delays, extensions of time, notices, progress payments and variations.
- Construction Contracts – Drafting and reviewing design and construction and construct only contractors to carry out risk analysis in construction projects for developers, head contractors, subcontractors and home owners.
- Construction Contract Audits – Carrying out a full audit of a company’s contract procurement and administration processes, including the preparation of reports, contract suites, development of policies and procedures and providing general advice to head contractors and subcontractors.
- Defects Disputes– Commencing and defending defect disputes including home owner, subcontractor, head contractor and developer claimsthrough to large residential apartment buildings (>50 units) in Tribunals and the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- Home Building Disputes – Preparation of claims in Tribunals on behalf of owners and builders including defects disputes and matters involving contractual and licencing issues.
- Security of Payment Legislation – Preparation and submissions of Payment Claims, Payment Schedules, Adjudication Applications and Responses in various jurisdictions including NSW, VIC, ACT, QLD, TAS and WA
- Australian Consumer Law– Advising on and acting in Court proceedings involving goods and services that fall within the realm of the Australian Consumer Law.
- General Debt Recovery– Advising on and acting (and defending) in Court proceedings involving the recovery of debts and general commercial litigation matters.
- Insolvency – Preparation of legal documents in relation to insolvency including but not limited to statutory demands, winding up applications and bankruptcy notices.
Employment Law and Industrial Relations
- General Human Resources and Industrial Relations Advice – Advising on general human resources and industrial relations advice involving performance management, terminations, policies and procedures and awards.
- Bullying Investigations – Conducting bullying investigations.
- Employment Contracts – Preparation of employment contract suites.
- Enterprise Agreements –Preparation, negotiation and filing of enterprise agreements with Fair Work Commission.
DEBT RECOVERY SERVICE
Construction Trade Industry Lawyers provides a free Letter of Demand Service. In order to assist us prepare your letter of demand we require you to complete the Claim Form and provide copies of the invoices that have not been paid. Submit Your Claim
NEW NSW CASH RETENTION SCHEME TO COMMENCE IN EARLY 2015
In New South Wales, a “ground-breaking” cash retention trust scheme will be established to ensure construction companies are prevented. Read More