Stafford is an experienced litigation lawyer, also has significant experience in building and construction disputes. He has now developed an active interest in contract administration and contract advice. He has acted for a broad range of clients including principals, contractors and consultants. He researches and writes building and construction law articles for the Neca News and advises the National Electrical and Communications Association on updates to legislation affect their industry.
Give us a call or make an appointment to come in to see one of the lawyers at CTI Lawyers 02 9021 9699
He is a past President of the Eastern Suburbs Law Society representing the interests of local solicitors at State Level. He was invited to take part in the Security of Payment Working Group formed by The Minister for Innovation and Better Regulation.
Security of Payment matters
Stafford has advised and acted for principals, contractors and sub-contractors in all aspects of the Security of Payments legislation. He has acted for Security of payment matters in NSW, the ACT, Queensland and Victoria. He has achieved successful outcomes for clients with significant claims.
- • He has successfully defended applications to set aside adjudication determinations in the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
- • Contract Advice and Contract/Project Management
- • He has advised on and negotiated several contracts for clients
- • He has assisted clients with management of their progress, variation and extension of time claims on their projects.
Debt Collection / Enforcement of Payment
- He has extensive experience in this department and mages a successful debt collection team.
- • He has experience in issuing creditor statutory demands and has successfully challenged and had statutory demands withdrawn or set aside in the Supreme Court
- • He has wound up companies can assist with voluntary liquidations.
- • He has represented developers, builders, tradesmen home owners, public certifiers and owners corporations either claiming compensation for defective work or defending claims for alleged defective works.
- • He has experience the mechanics of the Home Building Act and home Building Regulations.
- • He has extensive experience with resolving disputes between parties from dispute resolution clauses in contracts to mediation ordered by the Courts.
- He has represented clients in most forums from the CTTT to the Supreme Court.
- • He has assisted clients and their management teams with training on the Security of Payments legislation and contract management.
- • Stafford has arranged and assisted with numerous training and Continuing Legal Education courses for solicitors in his capacity as President of the Eastern Suburbs Law Society over the past three (3) years.
Burwood North NSW, 2134
Level 3, 28 Burwood Road,
Burwood NSW, 2134
DEBT RECOVERY SERVICE
Construction Trade Industry Lawyers provides a free Letter of Demand Service. In order to assist us prepare your letter of demand we require you to complete the Claim Form and provide copies of the invoices that have not been paid. Submit Your Claim
NEW NSW CASH RETENTION SCHEME TO COMMENCE IN EARLY 2015
In New South Wales, a “ground-breaking” cash retention trust scheme will be established to ensure construction companies are prevented. Read More
Significant Changes to NSW Building Defect Legislation
Disputes With Your Builder Over Home Building Defects
Resolving Domestic Building Disputes
Security of Payment Changes Retention Money
New NSW cash retention scheme to commence in early 2015